As long as I can remember, I was drawn to art.
My dad was very artistic and had studied to be a commercial artist. His detailed drawings of rugged, hardworking cowboys with their cigarette hanging on the edge of their mouth enchanted me. He could creatively depict their personalities, so they seemed to come alive! The thought of one day being a commercial artist was his dream which always fascinated me.
Many years later, when my youngest child graduated homeschool high school, I suddenly had extra time on my hands! I saw this as the perfect opportunity to nurture my artistic talent and I jumped in with both feet. My artistic self, which had been set aside while I raised my five children, quickly became reawakened. Memories of my dad’s drawings returned to daily inspire me on my new artistic journey. Now, his dream has become my dream.
I love to create art in many different types of mediums, especially watercolor, pen & ink, and digital media, such as Procreate and Photoshop. I enjoy creating surface pattern designs for wallpaper and fabric, art for wall prints, and also illustration’s for children’s books. Keep checking my galleries here on my website as I regularly update and add new art work.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to collaborate…I would absolutely love it! 🙂
Thank you for visiting my website!
Yours Truly, Kelly Frohnauer
Poncho, my long hair calico kitty! This is my very first watercolor painting of an animal.(2018)
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- I live in a small town named Merlin located in southern Oregon, U.S.A.
- I have 5 children. All were born at home and homeschooled through high school.
- My favorite colors are blue, purple and green.
- I love cats and currently have two, both female. One a long hair calico and the other is a long hair grey and white with a wild and playful personality.
- I like to hike in the forest, relax at the river, go to the ocean, draw, paint, listen to worship music, play with my granddaughters, gather and dry my own herbs for tea and medicine.
- I have been a traditional midwife attending home births since 1986 and have participated in over 200 births.
- I own a home business manufacturing organic skin care products that has supported my family for the past 18 years. My skin care website is https://nfbotanicals.com
(Branding work and promotional art):
“Kelly is a wonder to work with, creative and able to listen to requests and bring those to the table. Her ability to understand what you want and get that on paper is great. I’ve worked with several artists and there seems to be an issue with feelings getting in the way with the delivery of the artwork. Kelly does not have this issue. When you offer a correction she endeavors to know exactly what you want and to bring that in to reality and always with a smile. Outside of her great ability to realize the aspect of where you are coming from is her ability to create. If you want professionalism mixed with great customer service than give Kelly a try.” Newton H., South Cascade Organics